Saturday 8 October 2011

Intro....

My name is Luke Evans, I was born in Cardiff South Wales and lived there all my life.
I've been drawing on and off all my life but never took it seriously. 3 years I ago I did a
short inspirational drawing class in the summer and things moved on from there. I moved
 to Derby to do a BTEC 1st in Art & Design and the following year did a Foundation at De
Montfort.

I've known about the Game Art course at De Montfort for a few years and its been my goal
to get here since I found out about it. Everything I've done over the last 3 years have been
stepping stones to get here and not all of it was enjoyable! I've ended up doing a lot of work
I didn't want to do or have interest in but it had to be done and its got me where I want to be.

I don't really have a set goal for the future of where I want to be or what I want to be doing.
I've always felt art was something I should be doing but I've never known what exactly. Now
that I've gotten this far I want to go into the course with an open mind and try everything and
see what I enjoy. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and constantly criticise and doubt my work but I
think this ultimately helps me improve as I can't just settle with something that's 'OK'.

My main goal for this year is to improve. I haven't really been doing this long and I don't think
previous years really prepared me for whats to come. I'm looking forward to all the challenges
the next year is going to through at me and hopefully I'll do alright and still be here this time
next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment