Monday 11 February 2013

Inspiration Presentation

When we were told we'd have to do a presentation in front of other people I was ready to run all the way back to Wales. Presentations are hard for most people but I don't see myself as most people and I was really dreading it. I thought I would be awful, boring and probably unable to even speak.



I tried not to worry about it too much and designed my presentation and made notes about what to say for each slide, but when it came to practicing I couldn't even do it at home with just me, Sarah and the dog. I froze up, couldn't speak and it ruined the rest of the day for me. So I thought there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to do the actual presentation on Thursday.

The end result of the day was much better than I could of expected though, not only did I manage to give my presentation I pretty much managed to do it twice. I don't think I've ever been more chuffed with myself, that's something I never thought I would be able to do. It really helped motivate me for the rest of the week to do better at all my work it was awesome!

The presentation was about our inspirations and I think this helped a lot in me being able to do it. It didn't feel false or for the sake of talking about something. Basically I got to talk to people about the things in my life that make me want to do this course and inspire me to do it and that wasn't so bad.

My presentation was on a few things;

Joe Mad - probably the biggest inspiration in my life since I was 15. He is an amazing artist, with a unique style and recognisable pieces. He was working at Marvel as a teenager and ended up founding his own games company as the Lead Creative Director. Awesome!



Simon Bisley - another great artist who I have liked for quite a while. I like Biz's style, like Mad's its quite different to a lot of the artists around today which I admire. I also like the fact that his work in mainly, if not completely traditional, I think its impressive to still be doing traditional these days when most other art is digital.



Other inspirations I included in my presentation were, comic books and graffiti. I find these interesting and impressive for different reasons but both are based around an art stylisations that I enjoy and aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment